I’m not very good at awards, so I’ll admit that I have mixed feelings when I’m nominated for one. I’m honored that people think so well of my blog, but I’m not all that comfortable having the spotlight on me in that way.
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I received two nominations for the Sunshine Award, from Cheryl at creativemuse365.wordpress.com and from Kip at kipsthoughts.wordpress.com. Cheryl and Kip are thoughtful, creative people, and I’m touched that they deemed my blog worthy of the Sunshine Award. Thanks, guys!
For the Sunshine Award, I’m supposed to nominate some of my fellow bloggers. I haven’t listed them here, but I do invite you to check out my blogroll in the column to the right—there are some wonderful, creative bloggers on that list. I’m also supposed to answer the questions below. It’s taken me two weeks to finally get them answered, but here they are:
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? Hmm. I don’t really have one favorite. The words of Rumi, Hafiz, Rilke, Kahlil Gibran all move me. I also admire greatly the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela…I can only hope to approach their capacity to love and forgive and see the best in their fellow human beings.
2. What is your favorite number? Don’t have one really, but I’ll go with 2. I think I’m a 2 in the Enneagram types. In numerology, my birthday is a 3, and I think my name comes out to a 5. I’m also an INFP, which has nothing to do with numbers, but I thought I’d throw that in.
3. What is your favorite animal? This could cause cat-dog warfare in my house, but Darcey (my dog) seems to be a lot happier to see me when I come home, so I think she has a slight edge over the cats.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter URLs? I’m weirdly private about my FB account—sorry. I’m @vikiviktoria on Twitter but all I really do on it is send my blog posts to it (automatically), so you won’t see much of anything there that you wouldn’t see here on pathwriter.
5. What is your favorite time of the day? I don’t know that I have a favorite time of day, but I guess if I had to pick, it would be when the light changes…dawn, dusk, twilight (although, not being a morning person, I don’t get to see dawn that often!). :)
6. What was your favorite vacation? The summer I toured through New England and New York State by myself…just me and my car and a bed and breakfast guide. I met some neat people and stayed in some great places along the way. I’m long overdue for another road trip like that.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Dancing.
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Ice-cold water in the summer, hot tea in the winter. (Coffee all the time is a given.)
9. What is your favorite flower? I’m a gardener, so that’s like asking a mother which of her children is her favorite. However, I do have a fondness for roses…and lilacs…and peonies…and daylilies…and pansies…and lavender…(see my problem?)
10. What is your passion? For many, many years, my all-consuming passion was dancing…I performed, choreographed, taught, and even wrote about dance. It’s hard to choose just one now because I have many interests these days: writing, reading, music, designing (clothes), renovating my house. However, I’d say the thing that’s come the closest to the passion I had for dancing is gardening. Both of them make time stop…they make the world “go away” yet I’m also more a part of the world when I’m dancing or gardening.